WE ARE REOPENING! Beginning this Sunday, June 7th, you have the option to join us in the sanctuary for public worship at 10 AM. Here is some helpful information:
- We will still LIVESTREAM the full service each week. All should consider their “at risk” factors, and should decide whether public or online worship is best for you right now. ANYONE WHO HAS HAD ANY ILLNESS, FEVER, OR PERSISTENT COUGH IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS MUST STAY HOME!
- Please use the main front entrance. Doors will be propped open until the service begins and after the service is over to limit surface contact.
- We will be sitting every-other-pew, and ask that you sit with your own household.
- We ask that you limit yourself to the sanctuary, and that we have only one person at a time in the restrooms. Water fountains, nursery, classrooms, and fellowship hall will be closed at this time.
- To limit contact and maintain social distancing, no choir, greeters, ushers, bus ministry, or other “servant schedule” jobs at this time.
- We will not provide donuts, coffee, or other food and beverages at this time, but you are VERY WELCOME to bring your own bottled water, coffee in a cup with a lid, or other contained beverage.
We will continue with a simple schedule this summer, including:
- Worship each Sunday at 10:00 AM – attend in person or online (see above)
- Sunday school/Bible study each Wednesday at 7:00 PM – online only at facebook.com/crossview.info or here on the website. We will use the “Faith Connections” Bible Study Guide. Copies are available in the church office. Tracie Pettigrew will give a brief introduction/overview of the lesson during Sunday morning worship.
- Kid’s ministry – there will be a ten minute “kid’s service” during Sunday morning worship each week. Children will also have a kid’s bulletin and “busy box” to occupy themselves with during the service, which will include an individually wrapped small treat. Those attending “online only” can pick these up in advance of the service each week upon request.
- Youth ministry – Beginning this Sunday, all youth (6th-12th) will be given a link to a fill-in-the-blank “note taking” form during the 10 AM service. This can be filled out and submitted on their phone, tablet, or computer. This will be available for those attending in person or online. Teens will submit between the end of the service and Wednesday each week, when a name will be drawn for an amazon or itunes gift card.
- Shelter-at-Home/Senior care – At least twice a month, Pastor Dave will make every effort to call and have prayer with those not able to join us in person, prioritizing those who don’t have access to online church.
- Other outdoor/parking lot events for the above groups may be planned later in the summer as we evaluate conditions.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT BEING PART OF OUR LAWN CARE TEAM! YOU CAN HELP OUT ONE TIME OR EVERY TIME. A very special thanks to Leo Guthrie and Joe Cantor who have signed up to help!
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT BECOMING PART OF OUR CLEANING CREW! YOU CAN SIGN UP TO HELP ONE TIME OR EVERY TIME. It’s going to be especially important to keep our facility clean as we reopen. In the past we have had amazing volunteers who have helped with this, and they can all tell you it is not a one person job! If you volunteer to become part of the cleaning crew, you can come at ANY TIME during the week.
If you would like to help with any area of the church, such as teaching a children’s sermon, singing a special on Sunday morning, helping with the livestream/technology, sending card to those staying at home, etc. please just let Pastor Dave know.
Let us continue to pray for our community and church in these days. – Pastor Dave